Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chad Ochocinco to the New England Patriots

First off I would like to say welcome to the start of my sports rant. I am very involved with sports, since practically the only thing I watch is ESPN. So I try my best to stay informed and make my own arguements.

Now to the big news, Chad has moved on and has made a deal with the New England Patriots for a 3 year deal. The Cincinnatti Bengals now get 2 draft picks in replacement for Ochocinco. Last year, Ochocinco caught 67 passes for 831 yards and 4 touchdowns.

That is rather unimpressive if you ask me. But I do feel this is a win win for both teams. The Patriots earlier last year traded away Randy Moss, their deep threat man. Without him, the Patriots had no reciever to reckon with in the deeper part of the field. So this deal to pick up Ochocinco, who has proven earlier in his career he can run, is going to be the Patriots deep threat man. Thus this pick up for the Patriots makes them one team to have on your radar to win the Superbowl, like every other.

Now to the Bengals, good old Ohio. I actually do like what they did here. I thought the combination of Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco was too much. Too much talk for one team to handle, hence why they fell apart throughout the season and late in games. By getting rid of Ochocinco, they opened up a spot for Jordan Shipley to step up and make a name for himself in the NFL. But Bruce Gradkowski has to get him the ball. By also getting 2 draft picks, they will maybe in the draft be able to find answers to their Offensive line and their poor defense, especially at stopping the run.

All in all: good trade for both teams.

Alex with sports

No comments:

Post a Comment